Monday, August 18, 2014

Halloween Steampunk Hat

Good morning Deann here with a Gina's Designs project.  Today i'm sharing a Steampunk hat.

 I used Gina's Texture Sheet Gears to get the Gears onto the hat. I plan on making a photo tutorial soon, to show how I got the effect.
 I used lots of chipboard Gears Shape Set. To get the rusted look, I used the Distress paint dobber in Expresso, I dobbed it all over the gear, leaving some of the raw chipboard showing, let it dry and then rubbed Vintage photo Distress Ink all over it. 
I did the same rusting technique to the Clock Hands.
This was so much fun to make! I can't wait for Halloween to get here so I can display it on my fireplace mantle! Thanks for looking and I hope I inspired you to get your Steampunk on :)
(((HUGS)))
Deann
Gina's Designs Products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment